You've clicked on a link to an event (The Tiger Who Came To Tea) that finished on 20th August 2017.
Were you perhaps looking for this event?|Serurubele : Live To Tell : Slam Edition (Performance)31 July 18
, POP Art CentreJoburg's only real true life storytelling show...
Where we share everything from the strange and embarrassing to the absolutely absurd.
Less like a campfire and more like a dinner party... with a lot of wine, where the truth really flows...
For this month's edition, we are doing another slam event!
Inspired by International Storytelling platform 'The Moth''s STORY SLAM format, we will be inviting you to our storytelling stage. It's open mic night for stories…Audiences are welcome to prepare a real, true story from their own experience (10min or less please), and may stand the chance of getting called up to tell it on the night… Otherwise, as an audience, you will have the chance to be exposed to a pot luck evening of brilliant true stories.
THIS MONTH'S THEME IS : KISS & TELL
Come to tell or come to listen, but whatever you do, bring all your friends, and your full range of emotions!
The Storytellers Series aims to create a place for sharing New South African Stories, any stories. Each show is hosted by Lebogang Mogashoa (writer : The Queen & The River).
ABOUT LEBO MOGASHOA:
Lebo was born in 1985, in Johannesburg. He grew up in a small village, then a bigger one, followed by an all-boys Catholic boarding school and finally my big move into Cape Town where he completed a Film and Media undergrad degree. He then headed to Korea to teach English where he started his story telling series 'When we were nearly Young', which developed a cult following. He returned to Johannesburg in 2013, and has been presenting the same series in partnership with POPArt. He is currently writing for TV on hit shows 'The Queen' and 'The River'. Click here to view this event >>
Not what you're looking for? Perhaps it's one of these:
Most popular on What's On this week
- Dancing Dolls, Roodepoort Theatre (2 Aug)
- Komeng, Wits Theatre Complex (28 Jul)
- Serurubele : Live To Tell : Slam Edition, POP Art Centre (31 Jul)
- Burnt Vhuwani, Sophiatown The Mix (28 Jul)
- The Void, Joburg Theatre (31 Jul - 5 Aug)
- The Last Respect, Wits Theatre Complex (28 Jul)
- Pula, POP Art Centre (2-5 Aug)
- Annie jr., People's Theatre Johannesburg (4-5 Aug)
- Queen of Sheba, Wits Theatre Complex (22 Jul)
- Fawlty Flowers, Auto & General Theatre on the Square (31 Jul - 11 Aug)
- The Mamma Mia Sing-Along, The Bioscope (14-22 Jul)
- Great Balls of Fire, Montecasino (18 Jul - 12 Aug)
- WODAC Pet Expo, Gallagher Convention Centre (20-22 Jul)
- Vaal River Meander Wine Route, Stonehaven on Vaal (24 Jun - 5 Aug)
- Restaurant Week - Dining with the Stars, Johannesburg (19 Jul - 5 Aug)
- John Vlismas in Brain Dump, Montecasino (11 Jul - 12 Aug)
- National Antiques & Decorative Arts Faire, Mall of Africa (20-22 Jul)
- Behind My Shadow, Joburg Theatre (18-22 Jul)
- First Thursdays, Johannesburg (4 Oct)
- African Gothic, Joburg Theatre (18-25 Jul)
Popular this week
Events near you
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson