This event (The Blackheart gang - Postcards from Molotia) ended on 17th January 2013.
Here's something else you might like to do instead.|Katrin Coetzer / Warmblooded (Exhibition)11 April 18 - 19 May 18
, Salon 91A homage in drawing, painting and collage to David Attenborough at 91.
With warmth and charm the British broadcaster and naturalist introduced generations to the wonders of the natural world. This collection of images is a visual response of gratitude to his work and the mystery and richness he has given us access to via the TV screen. Attenborough has laid bare the extraordinariness of our planet and continues to do so with great whispered enthusiasm. His fascination precedes our own and this makes him a most compelling muse.
In this deeply uncomfortable extended moment in which it seems humanity is surely headed for ecological armageddon it should follow that our perception of the natural world as an unlimited untouched wilderness must change and be replaced with an understanding that acknowledges its vulnerability and our critical role in it. The natural world as subject matter takes on new meaning in the modern context. The predictable nostalgia and romanticism of landscape imagery now too represents the idea of creeping loss.Click here to view this event >>
Or perhaps try one of these events:
Most popular on What's On this week
- DJChef Eugene presents Tastes of Morocco, Villa Pascal Theatre (28 Apr)
- Aunty Merle, the Musical, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (2-28 Apr)
- Restaurant Week - Winelands, Cape Town (19 Apr - 6 May)
- Restaurant Week, Cape Town (19 Apr - 6 May)
- I Love Big Bay Market, Big Bay (25 Apr)
- Afrikaburn, AfrikaBurn (23-29 Apr)
- The Road to Mecca, The Fugard Theatre (27 Mar - 28 Apr)
- Womb Of Fire, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (18 Apr - 5 May)
- The Galileo Open Air Cinema, Cape Town (31 Oct - 28 Apr)
- College of Magic's Course One and Magic and Showmanship Course 2018, College Of Magic (3 Feb - 9 Jun)
Popular this week
Events near you
St David's Marist Inanda
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson